Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review: Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer

Hey Guys!
Today I am going to be reviewing a foundation primer. If you don't know what a foundation primer is, its basically a product you put on after your moisturizer and before your foundation. This product is meant to create a smooth canvas for your foundation and to help the foundation stay on your face longer. Many of you are about to start school and might be worried about your foundation not wearing throughout the school day. I purchased this foundation primer when I first started off with makeup. I did not want to spend a lot of money because part of me didn't understand the concept of a primer and was not sure if it would work for me. I had heard good things about the Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Primer through YouTube videos. Since it is so easy to find and affordable I decided to get it a shot. Please keep in mind the price of this product will vary depending upon where you purchase it, this is the case with most drugstore cosmetics.

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer
  • Create a perfect canvas for foundation application.
  • Skin Perfecting primer smoothes and evens out your complexion.
  • Prolongs the wear of your foundation.
  • Minimizes Pores.
1 fl. oz (30 ml) size | Price will Vary






My Thoughts:
Before this product I was not using any foundation primers so I wasn't sure what to compare it to. I still have not had my fair share of practice when it comes to foundation primers. But after working at Sephora and playing around with some of the primers we sell on different faces I know what a primer is supposed to do and how it should work. In my opinion this product does everything that it claims it will do and for the price you can not go wrong. You do not need to use very much of this product to cover your whole face. This product lasted me about 3 months. Since this product is tinted it evens out the skin tone beautifully. Rimmel London's website states that the color is Apricot which is pretty accurate. The peach/orange tones in the primer help to brighten the skin. Now lets cover the 4 things Rimmel claims this product to do.

First claim is that the primer creates a perfect canvas for foundation application and this is true. Once I applied the primer I felt like my face was ready for foundation. I used different foundations with this primer and it worked well with every single one. I didn't have any trouble blending or applying my foundation.

Second claim is that the primer smoothes and evens out your complexion, which is also true. Since the product is tinted it helps to cover a bit of discoloration. In no way way does this have any coverage as far as covering blemishes, etc. But the tint it has helps to create a even skin tone for the foundation to sit over.

Third claim is that the primer prolongs the wear of foundation. Before I started using primer my foundation would last about 4 hours on my skin and usually 2 hours in my oils were already surfacing. After using this primer I realized that because I have combination/oily skin it is very important for me to be using a primer. This primer held my foundation on for about 6-8 hours. Which is perfect for those of you who have early mornings and get out in the evening. It also works really well for those nights out on the town. My oils started to surface at about 4 hours which is much better then before.

Lastly, Rimmel claims that this primer will minimize pores. It is very hard for me to comment on this claim because my pores are not very large. I have medium sized pores on my nose and small pores everywhere else. But I did not notice that the medium ones seemed a bit smaller. Which says that this primer does fill in your pores a bit to make them appear smaller. This is not saying that it will make your pores disappear because that's not going to happen. But it will help to make them look smaller.

I would definitely recommend this product to those of you who are just starting out with foundation primers and don't want to spend a ton of money. Especially, students who are going back to school and looking for school appropriate makeup. Primer is going to make all the difference because your makeup will last longer. I know this is a dependable primer, that I can always back to.

Thank you!
xoxo
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment